Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm not going to finish that last post.

So! Last night I had horrific and scary dreams. Also, I woke up sicky and distressed. So, anyways. made tea to drink while I worked on my computer.

Several months ago, Allison, Tim, and I huddled around my computer, trying to dismantle it to repair the fan. If you didn't know, it makes a horrible noise that sounds like a cross between killer bees in a scifi movie and a weed-eater. Don't worry, though. It only makes the noise if you do something particularly trying on the computer (like, say, run iTunes while typing this entry). For that reason I've sort of avoided taking my computer for adventures to coffee shops. Anyway, on the adventure to get to the fan in my HP Pavilion dv9000 notebook, we discovered that to get to the fan, one merely has to disassemble the drives, power devices, keyboard, backscreen, sensor pad, MOTHERBOARD, and then you get to the fan. How dumb is that?

But that adventure taught me how to get at least the first few steps done. With my cup of Lady Grey tea, I sat down to unscrew ~19 screws to remove my keyboard. Afterwords I blew in it a lot with compressed air. I let it sit for a bit longer, then reassembled the laptop.

No changes. In fact, I discovered that c, C, D, E, and # wouldn't work. Very weird. I called HP, and proceeded to waste around 45 minutes for them to tell me the one thing I'd been asking all along. For them to fix it, I'd have to mail my computer to them (Alli did that last fall and the 1 month repair time stretched to ~3). I then regrettably informed them that we had wasted each others' time. I went ahead and booted my comp back up, and keys began to start working again. Now they all do, and I figure it just needed to cool. Lucky me. Also, lucky it was just water, so there was no stickiness or damaging residue. It's like a karmic pat-on-the-back for being semi-healthy.

Went to a comic store to pick up some back issues (super cheap), and had fun. Allison bought her first set of dice so she won't have to borrow them for Dungeons and Dragons (green with coppery/goldish numbers). After some coffee and wandering, we came home where I made spaghetti. We then watched several episodes of The Big Bang Theory (my first time--funny stuff!). Alli left, I cleaned dinner stuff, and now I'm babbling to the two people who read this.

Thanks and goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I have laughed at the little I have seen at that show. Oh, televisions shows, how I wish I had the time!

    And I cringed about Allison purchasing the polyhedral die.

    ReplyDelete