Monday, May 18, 2009

moving and grooving

So the last post was way too whiny and emo-ish. Things have been pretty good. I spent the weekend moving furniture from one place to another. Allison's mom drove a U-Haul of furniture here and I traded my labor for the furniture. I assembled a nice new queen-sized bed with a pillowtop mattress. I'm still a bit frustrated with never being alone with Allison, but I try to meet her for breakfast before her friend gets up. Sadly, that has meant that I've been sleeping normal people hours, which I haven't done in a long time.

My roommate moved out Saturday/Sunday, so I've been able to turn much of my apartment's chaos into a more organized civilization. The piles of boxes of shower gifts have finally been unpacked and organized in the kitchen. Allison and Reena helped a lot with unloading them. The new furniture and loss of a roommate has made this place more cozy, but a certain new roommate will really help it--fewer than 11 days from today. I think I'm going to go finish reading one of the lais of Marie de France. I'm almost done with Guigemar. After all, I've got a hot breakfast date tomorrow at 8:30.

1 comment:

  1. Getting things done always feels good. I made the first batch of punch last night! It's currently in the freezer...getting frozen.

    ReplyDelete