Sunday, June 6, 2010

gaming

So to pick up where that last left post dropped off, my gaming life has improved in the past few months. I picked up Fable 2 again, and have begun obsessively purchasing every property in the game. The last major quest I did was the hero of will, I think. I own all of Bowerstone so far. In Lego Batman, I finally got everything to 100% and got all of the achievements. It took a while, but it was quite satisfying. Sort of working on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the 360 right now, but that's mixed in with Fable 2, WoW, and Mario Galaxies (1), in which I've gotten about halfway.

Most of my video/computer gaming continues to be World of Warcraft. I'm raiding full-time with the Spartans on Dalaran server. We do MTR raids from 6:45-10 CDT, and we're currently struggling with the summer and pre-expansioncombined slumps. On 25 man, the lowest we've seen Lich King is ~50%, but on 10 man I haven't gotten any complete wings down other than the first--then again that's because our 10 man group sort of dissolved in the last month or so. The guild's main group (officers only, sort of) are kingslayers and have been working on the hardmodes. I'm really jealous when I think about it, so I try not to do so. Also, I seduced James into starting a new account so I can get the Recruit-A-Friend touring rocket (read: flying mount that can carry a passenger) on Xellos (my rogue).

The first season of Dungeons and Dragons: Encounters just ended, and Allison and I have enjoyed it. In Murfreesboro, our group was amazing and had great synergy and DMing, but the store we go to in Jackson isn't as cool. My character from the beginning, a Goliath Warden, died in a TPK in our first game here, but I came back as a Githzerai Avenger and the games got better (read: I dominated. 2 d20s>1 d20 Avengers FTW). Next season starts Wednesday, and though the characters must be the pregenerated ones, I'm still excited about the setting in Dark Sun. [side note, the Penny Arcade (and PvP and Starslip Crisis) podcast has been great]

I've also started running a game at our house loosely based in Eberron. Our group is full of familiar faces from my gaming past:
  • Allen, brother, githzerai druid
  • Spike, old friend, bullywug assassin
  • Tim, computer magician, dwarf battlemind
  • Allison, hot wife, kalashtar ardent
and starting this past week
  • Leah, sister-in-law, human wizard
I'm also hoping to get Keith, ogre-sized awesomeness, to play--maybe then the party will have someone with a strength higher than 10. They played through the mini adventure in the DMG, but next time they'll start the adventure with some RPing in Sharn, the city of towers.

Also, on Memorial Day, we started playing the board game Power Grid, but it got late and we didn't get the chance to get very far before people had to leave. Still, it looked pretty near, and I'm sure I'll play it sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment